98 challenger mpem problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris conx

Hi
I'm new to forums and apologies in advance if I do something wrong.
I'm having major problems with my challenger mpem
I decided to bypass the faulty number 1 plug on my mpem by soldering the wires directly to the pcb
In doing this I stupidly cut all wires assuming they would be all colour co-ordinated
How wrong was I
So my problem is I have 4 all black wires left and I don't know which pins they go to on the mpem
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
Regards Chris

There’s not much anyone here can do to help without some sort of pictures or better description of what goes where... Have you tried to dig up the factory wiring diagram to see if you can make sense of it?

Hi Jeremy
Thanks for the reply
I've not had much luck trying to find a diagram which includes the PIN numbers on the mpem
All of the wiring diagrams I've found just show the wires that go to the plug but not what pin they connect to
A detailed diagram would be great but I can't find one

Hi Jeremy
I paid for premium membership to use the manuals and the 98 challenger manual does not include the wiring diagram
I put up a post to ask if anyone had this diagram but not yet had a reply
Is there any other options that you can think of to get a wiring diagram ?

I'm not sure if the diagram for this year (1998) actually exists
I've searched for over a week now and found nothing
Most shop manuals just say "diagram to follow"

I got the wiring diagram and the chart fromseadoo customer service on my 1996. Here's the chart. Let me know what else you need.
f7f27fcc198ab2cdebbe8c7d7aee2176.jpg

Thank you so much for your help
But I've just went through the wires and mine is different
It must change for 1998
I will try to contact seadoo directly
Thank you anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back