97 sporster fuel guage still not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poptop89

Hey folks, I just recently bought a 97 sporster. It seems to be in good shape, only issue is the fuel guage. Sending unit works fine, when pulled and hooked to the fuel guage I can make the guage go empty or full. When placed back in the fuel guage reads empty. I'm not sure what else I can do, tank is currently half full. Can anyone else give me some pointers?

Hey folks, I just recently bought a 97 sporster. It seems to be in good shape, only issue is the fuel guage. Sending unit works fine, when pulled and hooked to the fuel guage I can make the guage go empty or full. When placed back in the fuel guage reads empty. I'm not sure what else I can do, tank is currently half full. Can anyone else give me some pointers?

One other side note, are there different size sending units? As in height, everything checks out, but im stsrting to think my sending unit is too short.

I thought that too. I checked and it does, but I ordered a new one anyways. The only thing I have left to test is filling the tank to 100% full and seeing what the guage does. If it moved than it kinda tells me someone put the wrong sending unit in the boat, I'm thinking it's not factory. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back