RESTO 97 seadoo sportster jetboat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Covey513

Hello , I was on the river couple days ago and was boating along fine then all of the sudden the jetboat shute off. Tried to start it up and would not fire up. Boat was cranking over but it sounded like it wasn't getting any fuel or the pumps werent coming on. It sounded like the kill switch just shut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Havent check the lanyard or post yet.

You’re getting two chirps from the buzzer? If you’re cranking over the motor, I don’t think that sounds like a DESS key problem, more of a fuel problem.

What was the fuel level? Did you try turning the selector to reserve?

The fuel was 3/4 full. We didnt try reserve. We were also thinking fuel issue at first but the but shut off instantly like if the lanyard was pulled off. I'm going to check after work for the beep but I believe it was a single beep. Because it was one I've never heard before? Not sure will be checking here shortly. Thank you

You’re getting two chirps from the buzzer? If you’re cranking over the motor, I don’t think that sounds like a DESS key problem, more of a fuel problem.

What was the fuel level? Did you try turning the selector to reserve?
Sorry for the late response. Found out I'm getting 2 chirps from the post. So now I'm kinda at a stand still with issues. Thank you again!

If it happens when hitting a bump and they just go dead and restart as soon as you remove and reconnect the lanyard it’s typically the DESS post that’s going out.

Two chirps means it recognizes the lanyard and is ready to start. One long chirp means it doesn’t recognize the lanyard.

If it happens when hitting a bump and they just go dead and restart as soon as you remove and reconnect the lanyard it’s typically the DESS post that’s going out.

Two chirps means it recognizes the lanyard and is ready to start. One long chirp means it doesn’t recognize the lanyard.
Yeah probably is we couldnt get it back up and running. I'm not sure if the engine is bad. I would hate to send it to a shop and it was something simple..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back