97 gtx got nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

old silverback

1997 sea doo gtx 787, power to starter solenoid, jump switch the starter cranks, all fuses have been checked, all switches checked out ok, no dash anything, no beeps at all, new battery, checked dess key and post, they check out, no wires bad in or to mpem box, checked cleaned front cover plug, battery cables for continuity ok, cleaned cables, new engine this year. thanks Steve

Check ground in front cover plug
check ground in rear box deutsche plug...small ground wire to battery
check grounds at coil

power to starter solenoid

You have 12 volts on the yel/red wire going to the starter solenoid? If so, the starter should be engaging.

no beeps at all

Gotta narrow this down, you need a good beeper to figure out what is going on. Not uncommon for them to go out. Disconnect it under the steering and jump 12 volts directly to it and see what happens. In doubt, because they can be intermittent, get a new one.

I have no beeper suddenly as well. Also I can't engage the starter without jumping it, which cranks fine but then no spark. Probably won't work since you've lost everything at some point, but hold down start and jump the starter.

just update-----bought used e-bay beeper, didn't work right out of package. ordered another from amazon growing old waiting for it. decided to start in the front of ski checked every wire cleaned,sprayed with electrical contact cleaner, now starts with no beeper, can't say which wire was problem as i didn't check start until i was done with cleaning. thanks Guys

Glad you got it going. Do replace that beeper though. It is needed for multiple warnings.

just update-----bought used e-bay beeper, didn't work right out of package. ordered another from amazon growing old waiting for it. decided to start in the front of ski checked every wire cleaned,sprayed with electrical contact cleaner, now starts with no beeper, can't say which wire was problem as i didn't check start until i was done with cleaning. thanks Guys

I've had good luck with the Radio Shack 273-0068 buzzer, replaced both dead or dying OEM ones on my skis. The price for a new OEM or even a used one is ridiculous IMO. Retail on the Radio Shack buzzer is like $15. RadioShack 4-28 VDC 80db 2 Way Piezo Pulse Buzzer for sale online | eBay

The Radio Shack is a good alternative but you can also get the OEM ones directly from Floyd Bell for $17.95, part number SP-1136.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back