97 GTI Poor Performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

KeithMock

Was running just fine. Next day, doesn't want to rev much past 2500, seems like it is not getting fuel? Filter was changed not that long ago, a couple tanks of gas through it so, I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you replace the spark plugs? I recommend buying this to check spark "to" the plugs.
What do the spark plugs look like?
Did you install an in-line fuel filter? That can be a big problem with these skis. They don't like them.
Are the fuel lines Gray??
Might be time to do the carbs.
Compression check is generally the first thing I do. Good Luck !

Spark Testor.jpg

I will check the plugs. The ski does not get lots of use and maybe that's part of the issue. That said, it has a factory in-line gas filter which is pretty new as stated before. Yes, fuel lies are all original, grey. I can check compression but ski was running fine and then starting acting up with low RPM's and bogging/surging under full throttle.

Thanks.

So you are using only the water separator and no in-line filters. The gray lines have to go. YOu likely need to do the whole fuel system and carb to get it reliable. Not a big job at all.

Templet is correct, switch out the gray lines, go thru the carbs again, and perhaps put in a new selector as well.

Back