96 xp trim module

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone verify this for me. I'm trying to disconnect my vts and It has 2 wires coming off of it. I unplugged the one that goes into the black box by the battery but the other one runs up front to the box and it splits into 3 plugs. Is this correct? I feel like I'll lose more than my vts if I unplug all 3. I asked this question a couple weeks ago but never got around to working on it or riding yet this year.

You should be fine with just the two wires disconnected. I believe two of the plugs go to the switch on the handlebars, and the other just goes to the VTS gauge.

I've only got one wire disconnected. The that goes to the black box. The other harness has 3 connections at the end. One connector has 3 wires. 2nd one has two wires and 3rd has one wire. The one with one wire goes into the gray box.

Are you simply disconnecting the VTS to make it non-functional or removing it? I replaced my module with a different part number. I'll be consulting the wiring diagram in depth before I tackle this task. Looks simple enough, wires are the same colors just the connector is different.., Trust but verify. :D

The 2 wire from the black box are constant power and ground. The three wire up front is for the up and down buttons and the ground wire they share. The 2 brown wires up front are for the VTS gauge and the single purple wire to the grey box tells it when to power up.

The 2 wire from the black box are constant power and ground. The three wire up front is for the up and down buttons and the ground wire they share. The 2 brown wires up front are for the VTS gauge and the single purple wire to the grey box tells it when to power up.

Matt, I'm using a different module. Looks the same but it has the one LARGE connector with all the wires on a single connector. I am thinking it will be OK if I rewire the harnesses using the original plugs. Do you see any problem with that ??

I plan on replacing my module when I get some spare cash. I dont see the big plastic nut everyone talks about being a pain to remove. Mines mounted with a metal bracket

Yes. I actually made some tools out of PVC pipe and was selling them so you didn’t have to remove the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back