96 XP running rich at low speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a new gasket for the manifold then.

You can get air leaking into the pump and no water into the hull. Most cavitation is caused by the wear ring, not air in the pump.

You need a new gasket for the manifold then.

You can get air leaking into the pump and no water into the hull. Most cavitation is caused by the wear ring, not air in the pump.
Is it best to get an original seadoo gasket?
My wear ring looked almost new, and the gap between impeller looked to be in tolerance.
The carbon seal seemed kinda like it didn't have much pressure on the seal carrier ring.
I guess I'm just going to order a new carbon ring and seal carrier, and a new rubber hose deal.
Is that OSD kit the way to go, with that thicker seal carrier? and if I can get an original 272000041 hose, who makes the best hose piece otherwise?

Can’t go wrong with OSD.
Ok, thanks again,
I will try that and since I will be pulling the pump off, I can see if that looks like it was sealed up too.
Will also order a new gasket for exhaust.
will be a while before I can work on it, but I will get back here, to post my results. Hate it when people don't post the results on how or if they fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back