96 xp cylinder drain line

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mason08

I bought the ski used. The po had installed the cylinder drain line onto the top of the header pipe and left the correct line just sitting in the hull. Ive since corrected. Now my issue is reconnecting the line to the cylinder drain. Do i need to pull the exhaust to get to it? Does it drain water from the engine or is it a oil drain?

Not sure what you are refering to. Take a picture and send it to us.

There isn't an oil drain on the two stroke machines.

I believe thats where it goes. Its the line that connects at the exhaust outlet of the ski. All the other lines are where they are supposed to be.

Can i access it without pulling the exhaust?
I don't know for sure....that side of the ski tends to be very tight quarters indeed....maybe by feel only IF you can reach around in there.....try looking around back there with a flashlight and a mirror in a shady spot....you might be able to but I don't know personally, sorry

I have wondered about that myself. On my GSX that drain line goes up under the motor and I have not been able to reach the end of it?

My 97 gsx line runs under the engine and disappears. It is connected somewhere. I was thinking of using a scope to find it. I was just hoping someone on here had maybe had that issue before.

It connects to the tee in the photo above, runs under the engine, along the right rear side next to the rear ebox and battery and goes to a fitting on the exhaust pipe just inside of the hull.
You can remove it without pulling the cone pipe, but access is difficult. It is difficult whether the cone pipe is present or not. You may be able to feel it but not get the tubing off the tee--the tubing gets hard. Before it will come off, you will need to cut the zip tie which should be holding it in place on the tee.
Stick your phone down there and take some pictures so you can visualize what you're dealing with.

I don't think you can get to it without removing the pipe. If you touch the engine mounts you will have to align the engine.

Unfortunately you have to remove the pipe to get to it. I tried to get to it in different ways on my 787 but it was impossible. Once the pipe is removed you can have full access. Found that mine were a bit clogged. But as I understand it, since it's a drain for when the engine isn't running, it should be ok if it at least drains some.
Could someone confirm this maybe?

Attachments

• speedster1.PNG
    speedster1.PNG
    190.4 KB · Views: 7
Consider taking the hose off at the exhaust outlet and blowing air or water backwards through it to clear the obstruction. I would do that before taking the cone pipe off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back