96 seadoo sportser

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the seadoo forum. You need to check all the fuses first. Do you get 2 beeps from the DESS when you connect it? If you do it is ready to run the seadoo. If you aren't getting spark, but the engine turns over, at this point it could be in the coil, or the spark plug wires. Sometimes if you remove the spark plug boot and clip and cut off 1/4" from the wire and reinstall the clip and boot with silicone spray it might solve the no spark problem.

If you don't get any beeps and the engine won't turn over than it might be a dirty DESS post. Clean it with soap and water.

Keep us posted and we'll go from there.

Karl

I went through the same thing on my 96 sportster....
I changed all fuses, replaced ignition coil, changed the spark plug boots, etc.... it actually ended up being a bad stator.... So I changed the stator, checked every possible connection for loose connection and buttoned it all up and she runs like a banishee!!
So good luck to ya...

hey moore...after you've double checked EVERYTHING(grounds, cut plug wires 1/4in, fuses,..etc)...Unplug the black/red wire between the mpem and coil and see if it starts. If it does, you have an issue with a switch or the rev limiter in the mpem. If it doesn't, the stator or coil are the places to look. Also, if it does start with that unplugged, be prepared to kill with the choke since the stop and lanyard buttons are bypassed...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back