96 seadoo speedster oil type

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briankeithv

So recently purchased a 96 speedster and need to purchase oil for it. I purchased some XPS full synthetic oil off of amazon but had a feeling i needed to do more research before putting it in. Is this oil ok to use as the previous oil that i was given was in a white gallon and says mineral on it. I’m having a hard time finding the white bottle of mineral oil. I guess my question is will this harm my boat?IMG_1248.JPG

You don't bed the full synthetic, I don't believe they make just straight mineral oil anymore. So you could use semi synthetic from Seadoo. Running what you bought isn't bad, it's just more expensive.

You don't bed the full synthetic, I don't believe they make just straight mineral oil anymore. So you could use semi synthetic from Seadoo. Running what you bought isn't bad, it's just more expensive.

Good to know! That bottle was almost 60 bucks! So mixing it with the mineral oil that is already in the boat ok as well? Thanks again for your help!

They still make the mineral oil, they stopped making the semi synthetic.
aa514fa14aa881891f2d971d82cceced.jpg

Depending on what engine you have determines the oil you need.
The 580, 650, 650x and 720 only need the mineral oil above.

The 787 and 951 have to use the synthetic oil.

But the synthetic is perfectly fine to run in all Seadoo engines, provides a little more protection and mixes perfectly fine with the mineral oil.
794d67e569d6d4d66d8352f13215ab00.jpg

MSRP on the synthetic is $49.99 so if someone is charging $60 they are price gouging. I get it for $42 and free shipping over $99.

They still make the mineral oil, they stopped making the semi synthetic.
aa514fa14aa881891f2d971d82cceced.jpg

Depending on what engine you have determines the oil you need.
The 580, 650, 650x and 720 only need the mineral oil above.

The 787 and 951 have to use the synthetic oil.

But the synthetic is perfectly fine to run in all Seadoo engines, provides a little more protection and mixes perfectly fine with the mineral oil.
794d67e569d6d4d66d8352f13215ab00.jpg

MSRP on the synthetic is $49.99 so if someone is charging $60 they are price gouging. I get it for $42 and free shipping over $99.

Thank you for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back