96 hx possible fuel problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmelone

I picked up an hx the other day. Cleaned out the carbs and rebuilt them with all new genuine mikuni parts. 58 psi in each for pop off and passed the pressure test. Everything was spot on and adjusted properly. It takes off fine and rips for about 2 seconds then bogs down and wont rev up anymore. Played around with adjustments for a while and got it to stay running but felt like it was one cylinder. Plugs are nice and light brown. Not sure whats wrong or what to look for, the carbs were pretty spot on. Is this a fuel or electrical problem?

What springs did you use in the carbs?
Fuel selector or fuel strainer could be sucking air.

What springs did you use in the carbs?
Fuel selector or fuel strainer could be sucking air.
I used the 95 gram springs that were already in them. I’ll try a new selector and a new o ring on the fuel filter. Just curious, what will a low pop off pressure do to the ski in terms of adjustments and performance? I had to bend the lever arms a bit, the carbs were set at like 65-70ish before I rebuilt them (cleaned them out just to see if I could get it running) and 58 was the lowest i could get them without bending it too much and having the back of the tab go above flush

I replaced the fuel selector and the o-ring and filter and still having the same problem. Gets up to full throttle just fine but then bogs down after 2 seconds of full throttle. Im having the same problem on my 96 spx too. Both sets of carbs are spot and ive tried multiple sets of plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back