96 800xp mpem problems? Just no power condition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not read where you performed the electrical test on the DESS wires (black and black/yellow wires should read close to 0 ohms with the key on the post. If you are getting some resistance, the post may be beginning to fail and the MPEM might not be able to read the key correctly. If you see some resistance, tap the post with a screwdriver and see if it changes. Changing the post will be far easier, cheaper and take less time and effort locating one than an MPEM.
I did do the post test. It was open link with it off and 0.00 ohms when on. Can you buy these new now or no? I would buy one just to check for the price

I didn’t see if you replaced the starter solenoid or not. Had a customer seadoo that allowed water into the rear electrical box and rusted the inside of solenoid causing all sort of issues. Couldn’t tell by looking at it though. I could jump the solenoid and would turn over but nothing when using the start button.
In my particular case, them MPEM connection inside the solenoid was bad and not sending power to the MPEM. It appears it’s not exactly your problem but worth a shot for $20. Better than $500. I did all the connectors and post/DESS key, start button, new MPEM, and all that crap before I figured it out.

When I say “customer”, that doesn’t mean I am a Seadoo expert. More like a volunteered to get a couple going for a guy. Still don’t understand why I told the guy I’d look at them. My mouth got ahead of my brain.
Ha ha. Yeah you got yourself into it there hey. I did not replied the solenoid but it did have some corrosion on the posts. I was thinking of replacing it though like you say for the price. Can I just buy off Amazon? I think I saw them there but not sure if they are good?
I'm getting one beep when I put the key fob on. Not all the time though. It seems I can put it on and get nothing several times but if I just stick my finger in and rub it the next time it works lol not sure if its just coincidence. Then when I press start I get one beep. The relay clicks in the front. Yesterday I checked the trim motor and it didn't work. I took it out and cleaned it up and got it working. Now when I press trim down I hear a relay clicking behind the trim motor but nothing when I press up. I'm gonna order a solenoid if I can find out where to get a good one.

Ha ha. Yeah you got yourself into it there hey. I did not replied the solenoid but it did have some corrosion on the posts. I was thinking of replacing it though like you say for the price. Can I just buy off Amazon? I think I saw them there but not sure if they are good?
I'm getting one beep when I put the key fob on. Not all the time though. It seems I can put it on and get nothing several times but if I just stick my finger in and rub it the next time it works lol not sure if its just coincidence. Then when I press start I get one beep. The relay clicks in the front. Yesterday I checked the trim motor and it didn't work. I took it out and cleaned it up and got it working. Now when I press trim down I hear a relay clicking behind the trim motor but nothing when I press up. I'm gonna order a solenoid if I can find out where to get a good one.
Replace not replied lol

No spark when I jumped the solenoid. My understanding is that power isn’t supplied or turned on for the MPEM when jumped. Or something like that IIRC.

I had a considerable amount of corrosion on the battery/starter posts on the solenoid. After I cleaned them up and put the second cable, the solenoid clicked on for a split second. That’s how I figured out the customer seadoo.

As for the beeps, mine does it off and on but I don’t pay much attention anymore. I don’t really care as long as it runs.

Just grab a solenoid on Amazon with prime shipping.

I did do the post test. It was open link with it off and 0.00 ohms when on. Can you buy these new now or no? I would buy one just to check for the price
Based on your dess post test, it sounds like it is not the problem and not worth replacing. I have never bought a replacement. Maybe someone else could advise you about availability of new or good used ones. Probably Westside Powersports would be a place to start.

The OEM beepers are still available directly from Floyd Bell. Part number SP-1136 the last time I bought them was May 2020 and they were $17.38 each.
I was wondering if you could give me a link for a wiring diagram. I have the shop Manuel but it cuts off at section 14 which is wiring. :( I'm still at it and still no go. Waiting on a solenoid switch to try before I go further. Then I'm gonna see if the guys at Rugged Edge can try to program the teather. If not I'm gonna buy the MPEM. I'm still just getting one beep from the beeper ( after I give it a tap, I guess its sticking) gages don't move. Teather off and press start I get one beep and some of the dash lights up for 33 seconds. The relay on the relay holder next to the MPEM also clicks still when I press start. Thanks again for you informative knowledge on these units :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back