951 lost 500 rpms help !!!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gofastcrazy

so i had to redo the topend on my 951 went with 1mm over while i was in there i rejetted the carbs with bill's at watercraft magic kit and filters. decided to rebuild the pump,well when i pulled it out the bearing housend was jacked up so bad that i had to buy a new pump housing. so while i was in ther i dcided to got with the solas 15/20....to day was the first water test for the prop and i am only turning 6400 rpms. so my question is do really have to deck the head to get the comp. up so it will pull this prop?

No offense and maybe this isnt your exact case so please take this as just a notice: But I see this all the time in both automotive and marine people attempt to increase their power/speed of what they have and do not always understand what things do to each other, people attempt on their own to do different things to what they have for performance and do everything they can and usually in the wrong ways but it is not their fault they just go on what the company claims for power increase or what they have heard, these performance shops and performance parts companies spend a ton of time and money testing what works and does not work with each other and people try themselves to modify them and half the time it actually hurts power then increasing it. What and who lead you to run a 15/20 impeller and go 1mm over?

well the 1mm over was b/c that is what it took to clean up the cylinders. the prop is b/c green hulk write up.... groupk..... bill oneal...ppg and everything else i found on the net...... if you know something i don't i would like to know.

nope, just commenting that sometimes things do not always go as expected, you may still have another problem, or might be the setup

ok so i put her on the hose today just to see if it was the motor or the prop. she runs great on the hose, it will run up to the rev. all of this with no studder or deto. the next test is to replace the stock prop and water test it.

i called harry at groupk told him what was going on. he said that sometimes they get props in and they are a little off. so he told me to send it back and they will tweak it..... so here goes another week of ride it once and wait on parts fro two weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back