951 Carb Rebuild Parts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel12

I want to rebuild the carbs on a 2000 951 Carb RX.

I am about to purchase 2 Genuine Mikuni kits (MK-BN46I). These kits include the 95 gram spring which is the one I need for this carb.

My question is how will I know if I also need a new needle/seat for the carb as that component is not included in the kit?

Will I need to order anything else other than just the 2 kits?

New fuel lines if they are still grey. Needle and seats are like 20 each so buy them for an easy starting, great running machine. Go OEM there too.

I believe this machine has an accelerator pump as well. Will I need anything more than just a diaphragm? Is it recommended to delete this pump and go bigger on the low speed jet?

Last edited:
You shouldn't need anything for the accelerator pump. Typically just clean the nozzles where they squirt into the body. Also don't use carb cleaner on the diaphragm or replace the accelerator hoses, they are fine.

No reason to rejet as long as the pump is working.

I bought a 2000 Xp in February 2018. Tried to do the same carb rebuild which clearly had never been done. Grey fuel lines were still in place and everything was green goo. I had two screws strip out during disassembly. Got frustrated so I bought a new Mikuni dual carb. 25 hours later, running perfect, never touching ethanol and new fuel lines, the crank shaft came apart. So my warning is be careful with the small internal brass screws. If you hit a brick wall, my slightly used dual carb is on Ebay. Good luck!

I bought a 2000 Xp in February 2018. Tried to do the same carb rebuild which clearly had never been done. Grey fuel lines were still in place and everything was green goo. I had two screws strip out during disassembly. Got frustrated so I bought a new Mikuni dual carb. 25 hours later, running perfect, never touching ethanol and new fuel lines, the crank shaft came apart. So my warning is be careful with the small internal brass screws. If you hit a brick wall, my slightly used dual carb is on Ebay. Good luck!

Sorry you had a bad time with it.

There are no brass screws inside but there are brass jets.

To avoid damaging the screws you should be using JIS screwdrivers, they aren’t Phillips on these carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back