95 SPX 5874 electrical problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jbird17

Hi all, I am recent to the forums but I have an issue with my Seadoo SPX 5874. The seadoo runs great but it was recently pulled out of storage for 15 years. The fuel system was compromised so it was cleaned up but overall its in perfect condition. It has been sitting for two years and the last time I had it out the start/stop button started acting up. It was intermittent on starting by pushing the start/stop button. It got worst and now since we got it back out I tried to start it and nothing. Its very intermittent. It may start up but when cut off via kill switch it won't start again for a bit. So I cleaned the plug connectors and it seemed to work so it started 8-10 times. I then noticed the VTS wasn't working at all when it was before. Its as if the problem switched. I checked the Start/Stop and VTS buttons in the handle bar and they were fine. I checked to see if there was juice from the box to the plug connectors and there is. I jumped the start/stop switch with a wire and it is still intermittent. When the start/stop switch works the VTS doesn't work. Then the Start/stop switch quits working the VTS will start to work at some point. So I am stuck at what to do next. Does the whole white box on the port side need to be replaced or what? If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Back