95 spi wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo GTS 1993

Well took my ski out for the first time 2 weeks ago.. started right up and ran ok, with a slight bog.. last year i cleaned the little filter in the carb because it was bogging previously.. Well the longer i rode it the worst it got..Now, it wont even start.. I checked the plugs and there dry.. pretty clear to me its getting no fuel..

So, on the to-do list:
Clean carb out real well
Clean fuel selector valve

What else should i do? I also couldnt find any seadoo oil at the store i went to, and the guy there told me I could run regular outboard engine oil in it.. is this true?

Also...last year my ski idled great.. this year, it wont idle.. If you let off the throttle for any longer then a few seconds, it would die out..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well took my ski out for the first time 2 weeks ago.. started right up and ran ok, with a slight bog.. last year i cleaned the little filter in the carb because it was bogging previously.. Well the longer i rode it the worst it got..Now, it wont even start.. I checked the plugs and there dry.. pretty clear to me its getting no fuel..

So, on the to-do list:
Clean carb out real well
Clean fuel selector valve

What else should i do? I also couldnt find any seadoo oil at the store i went to, and the guy there told me I could run regular outboard engine oil in it.. is this true?

Also...last year my ski idled great.. this year, it wont idle.. If you let off the throttle for any longer then a few seconds, it would die out..

Replace grey lines?
Clean Carbs?
Clean/Replace fuel selector?
Check fuel filter for cleanliness?
Check fuel filter assembly for o-ring sealing?
Check fuel baffle filter?
Clean gas tank?

Before you do ANYTHING, replace the original grey fuel lines. Then, do EVERYTHING.

Havent changed out the grey lines yet.. ill replace them with some black ones... Carb will get cleaned, fuel selector valve will get cleaned, just put in a new fuel filter at the end of the season. Ill replace the lines along with everything else i mentioned... Ill keep you posted

Cleaned the fuel selector.. it was really gummed up, it would open to on or reserve, so that was the fuel problem.. Started right up after, but still wont idle.. Could that be a clogged pilot jet? When its warm it starts right up, but when it sits overnight it can take awhile to get going.. it never used to be this way, it used to always fire right up, also last year it used to idle really strong, now as soon as you completely let off the throttle she just dies.. Ill tear into the carbs i guess.

fuel supply line or water separator filter letting air get sucked in, instead of fuel.

I will look at that, but wouldnt that cause it to run lean or choke at full throttle? At WOT and any other throttle it runs perfect, and plugs are wet and a nice cardboard color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back