95 SP 720 Manifold bolts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bori-Style

Hi, I do have a 95 Sp 720 Sea Doo. I just got it about 2 months ago. Every time I take it out the bolts that hold the exhaust brake. I just bought another manifold and i guess the engine vibrates so much that it breaks the bolts in half or looses them and they come out. I have tried everything the bolts are in stainless steel and i used the lock glue. I don't know if the engine mounts are bad or what my problem is.

Any help will be appreciated...

Bori :confused:

2 stroke engines generally vibrate a lot, but should do it *that* much. Which bolts are you talking about? There are a few sets on the exhaust. You could check the engine mounts, and that may be the problem, but I don't think it is.

exhaust bolts and stud

Make sure the bolts holding the bottom half of the tuned pipe are tight. There are (2) rubber grommets, (2) washers and a spacer that goes on each one (some models have 1 bolt others have 2). If those are tight and all the other stuff with them are in good shape, replace the stud again use red loctite on everything. The most important thing about these head pipe bolts is to not OVERTIGHTEN THEM. Torque specs on these is only
16ftlbs. They will break every time if too tight. Let me know how this works out for you.

Giddy

That was the problem, i was missing on one of the rubber grommets and the washer. I fixed that and took it yesterday to the lake and no problem is working like new.

I want to thank you all for the help... I really appreciated.

Bori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back