95 Sea-doo XP taking on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawn

Hi:

I'm going to tackle why I'm taking on an inch or two of water whenever I take my XP out now (and/or just use a bilge pump work around) . I have two questions:

1. Can anyone see anything obviously bad in the two attached pictures of my driveshaft assembly? Just looking for a starting point.

2. I bought a bilge pump kit and a separate float switch. I want it as low as possible but damn there isn't a lot of space down there. Are the two places I found in the other two pictures crazy? Is it stupid to move that one hose against the float switch a little and zip tie it up to a larger hose out of the way?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180620_172623.jpg
    20180620_172623.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180620_172617.jpg
    20180620_172617.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20180620_174308.jpg
    20180620_174308.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20180620_174312.jpg
    20180620_174312.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
You can also fill the hull with water on the trailer and see if it leaks out but this will not tell you if it is an engine leak.

Great, thanks for the help. I'll be taking it to the water this weekend to see what I can see with the seat off.
Did you find any results? I am having the same issue, I rode my machine pretty hard and am thinking its because the water coming up over the front hood and coming in through the two front vents. I just ran the hose over the front of the machine and found water was getting into the hull from here. I have not had time to get it into the water again yet. I wouldn't mind comparing findings.

Did you find any results? I am having the same issue, I rode my machine pretty hard and am thinking its because the water coming up over the front hood and coming in through the two front vents. I just ran the hose over the front of the machine and found water was getting into the hull from here. I have not had time to get it into the water again yet. I wouldn't mind comparing findings.

Sorry, not yet. The weather where I live has been horrible for the last week and a bit. Either way, I think you should listen to mikidymac's advice and just put it in the water with the seat off and see if you can spot where the water's coming in. That's definitely my plan. If you search around, some people say you can even do it while it's on the trailer but with the pump and exhaust below the water line. Wouldn't work where I live because the boat launches are an assembly line of anxious (impatient) boaters lined up to get in the water.

I'll update soon, this weekend is supposed to be nice.

Sorry, not yet. The weather where I live has been horrible for the last week and a bit. Either way, I think you should listen to mikidymac's advice and just put it in the water with the seat off and see if you can spot where the water's coming in. That's definitely my plan. If you search around, some people say you can even do it while it's on the trailer but with the pump and exhaust below the water line. Wouldn't work where I live because the boat launches are an assembly line of anxious (impatient) boaters lined up to get in the water.

I'll update soon, this weekend is supposed to be nice.
I wanted to give you my findings to maybe help you out, the welded plug on the underside of the exhaust had a hole in it. I think it may have been JB welded by the prior owner. I have cleaned it and done the same to get out this weekend and then I will be uninstalling it to get it welded next week. Hope you have luck in finding your issue.

I wanted to give you my findings to maybe help you out, the welded plug on the underside of the exhaust had a hole in it. I think it may have been JB welded by the prior owner. I have cleaned it and done the same to get out this weekend and then I will be uninstalling it to get it welded next week. Hope you have luck in finding your issue.

Thanks for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back