RESTO 95 GTX rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdollz

Hey folks. New to this forum so hang with me.
I've never owned a jetski before but after riding one of my friends a couple times this summer I had to have one. I always kept my eye out on Craigslist and Facebook market place. Figured a good winter project would keep me busy in the evenings. And bam, found a 95 GTX 657 that didn't run. But had compression and a clear title to the ski and trailer... for 50 bucks. Couldn't let that slide. So I brought the old girl home and got to work. I've pulled the motor, tanks, exhaust. Washed out the hull since it was filled with acorns and leaves. Pulled the head off the motor to see what was going on. And started ordering parts. Rebuilding carbs, new gaskets all the way around the top end, eventually rebuilding the jet pump. But my biggest thing is the hull. One of the sides got dinged up pretty bad and made its way to fiberglass and caused a very large section of stress cracks. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will, but does anyone have any advice on repairing this? I also plan on repainting the entire boat this spring so I have time. I feel mechanically inclined but when it comes to body work I'm new at it. Thanks for all the help in advance!

When i patched mine I ground out the cracks and then started laying out the fiberglass. I found the boatworks today videos on you tube really good.

I suggest you check the RV cover clearance, The bennefit is easier starting, Better performance, and longer Starter life as it will start faster & better top end rpm performance. Check our How-to section, get a free shop manual from the Sticky.

Bills86e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back