94 XP won’t go above 2,500 RPM’s when given gas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

loganclark54

So, I just recently rebuilt the carburetors in my 1994 Seadoo XP. Ran great out of water and would go to max RPM’s when given full throttle. When in the water, it’s a different story. Just launched her in the lake and it started just fine. The problem I faced was when I went to give it gas, it wouldn’t go above 2,500 RPM’s when given full throttle. Any one know what to do?

What carb kits did you use?
Did you use new springs?
Did you replace the fuel filter and selector?

I used a Mikuni kit.
High and low speed springs were in good shape, so I did not replace them.
Yes, replaced both the fuel filter and selector, as well as the lines.

Careful there.....I too used a Mikuni kit sold by 787 (SBT). Ahh, yeah, NO!

I had the EXACT same description as you...run like a beast on the trailer, fell flat on its face in the water.

I rebuilt the carbs using GENUINE MIKUNI CARB kit (just because it says Mikuni doesn't necessarily mean it is a Mikuni kit - the advertising is so subtle you can be fooled) and the ski THEN became a beast on the water as well.

You may need to go back into those carbs....sorry to say.

If it is a lean condition you are hitting then a little choke could help bump it up. Just a diagnostic tool, not a solution.

Just got back up to the house. May or may not have been smart, but I held the throttle down for a while and it finally took off, but that only lasted about 7 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back