94 XP Restoration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DenoRyGuy

Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to trying to restore my first pwc. Just bought a "winter project" in hopes to have it running by next season. I recently bought a 94 SeaDoo XP that has a hull in fairly good condition and an engine that looks like it will need to be rebuilt. Someone took the pistons out exposing the crank and some mice or something dropped a ton of acorn shells down there. It should be a fun project.

My only real issue that I'm worried about is figuring out where all the different hoses go,and sizes needed, as they were all pulled out. I saw that there are manuals on the forum (haven't looked through them yet) but was wondering if there is any additional information or helpful diagrams out there anywhere. I've been searching youtube soaking in everything that I can, but not finding anything in depth.

I look forward to asking many questions along the way, meeting other enthusiasts and learning this machine inside and out.

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_193441319.jpg
    IMG_20210824_193441319.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 24
Hi all!

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to trying to restore my first pwc. Just bought a "winter project" in hopes to have it running by next season. I recently bought a 94 SeaDoo XP that has a hull in fairly good condition and an engine that looks like it will need to be rebuilt. Someone took the pistons out exposing the crank and some mice or something dropped a ton of acorn shells down there. It should be a fun project.

My only real issue that I'm worried about is figuring out where all the different hoses go,and sizes needed, as they were all pulled out. I saw that there are manuals on the forum (haven't looked through them yet) but was wondering if there is any additional information or helpful diagrams out there anywhere. I've been searching youtube soaking in everything that I can, but not finding anything in depth.

I look forward to asking many questions along the way, meeting other enthusiasts and learning this machine inside and out.
Hi, sure many here will be glad to help and point you in the right direction. Very cool ski you got there... hella fun. We know where the hoses go and all that. LOL For me I'd like to know what engine you have. I'm guessing the 657X. I restore all the skis I do, front to back that way I know they will be reliable. Plan on doing the jet pump, wear ring, water seal, carburetor, fuel system, etc... Doesn't sound like much if you way it fast.. ha ha. Good Luck and Welcome to the club!!! :D

On a side note: I'm wondering of this one isn't close to the same ski. it is a 1995 SPX Seadoo. I did this one last winter. Boy was it fun to ride !!!

Attachments

• 1995 SPX Roe Ski (3).JPG
    1995 SPX Roe Ski (3).JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi all!

Download the manuals from the site, you CANNOT possibly get lost if you print the manuals and have them with you. There are three; one for parts, one for shop/ assembly and the third is for maintenance.

Get after it

Hi, sure many here will be glad to help and point you in the right direction. Very cool ski you got there... hella fun. We know where the hoses go and all that. LOL For me I'd like to know what engine you have. I'm guessing the 657X. I restore all the skis I do, front to back that way I know they will be reliable. Plan on doing the jet pump, wear ring, water seal, carburetor, fuel system, etc... Doesn't sound like much if you way it fast.. ha ha. Good Luck and Welcome to the club!!! :D

On a side note: I'm wondering of this one isn't close to the same ski. it is a 1995 SPX Seadoo. I did this one last winter. Boy was it fun to ride !!!
Thanks for the repo

Thanks for the response and yes you are correct it is the 657X engine. This one is in pretty rough shape engine wise and I do plan on redoing everything on it.

Someone took it apart and just left it to waste away, which is fine by me, I got it and the trailer for next to nothing. It gives me something to learn on with not much to loose.

I'm sure I will be asking a lot of questions. Today I just downloaded and printed the manual, so I'm starting to understand the hose routes and attachments. It's just a bit overwhelming looking at it with all the parts just laying loose in the bottom. Lol. It will be fun though!

Download the manuals from the site, you CANNOT possibly get lost if you print the manuals and have them with you. There are three; one for parts, one for shop/ assembly and the third is for maintenance.

Get after it
I just downloaded and printed them today. They are tremendously helpful. I feel a lot better about it now, after looking through those. I'm sure I will still have plenty of questions along the way though. Thanks for the encouragement!

I wouldn't concern myself about the hoses. Focus on the engine and jet pump. Look over the drive shaft and splines and give the impeller a good once over. You want to identify the big stuff right now.

Check your fuel tank for cracking. They get brittle and break and Seadoo will replace them in some cases. If you want to have a working fuel gauge test the fuel baffle. I'd remove the fuel tank and give it a good cleaning. Good Luck !!

I just pulled the engine and there was a huge puddle of oil/gas just sitting in the bottom of the hull (for who knows how long). Any idea if this would hurt, maybe soften the fiberglass at all? Should I be concerned? I got most of it out by a cup and paper towels. I plan on washing it totally out with degreaser at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20210828_191700632.jpg
    IMG_20210828_191700632.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 13
Well, the engine is out, do a once over on the engine to see where there may be a leak. If there isnt ine, chances are the previous owner pulled something apart and let it leak while they dicked with it. Just do you. Is the tank leaking, oil res. leaking? Check it!

Rule #1 Every old ski ISNT working right and IS. a complete rebuild.
That is how i know I can count on anything i buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back