94 Seadoo GTX wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehzad

94 Seadoo GTX started starter turned over a couple of times and the engine started as well for 10 to 15 seconds and then it died. It wont start after that. I only hear clicking at the start button. No clicking or any sound in the engine compartment. Back story. I bought a couple of Seadoos last year. They started fine when I bought them. Last week I replaced all the fuel lines and fuel selector valve on both of them. Got new batteries for both as well. The SPX one starts fine. Running rough and will turn off but it runs.
The GTX as I mentioned will not start anymore. I checked the switch operation in the fuse box and when the safety switch is pushed it will go to ground. The start button is also working, at least I see the Ohm meter change when I press it. There is 13V on one side of the solenoid and 12.5v on both of the smaller wires. No changes to these when I press the start button. Shorting the two big wires will turn the starter on. I took the Solenoid from working SPX and installed it in GTX. Same thing no change. I checked the resistances per the shop manual on the MPEM. A Couple of the Ohm readings are a little higher than the chart. I am not sure if that is the problem. Just want to mention I didn't jump start either of the skies. Batteries were installed in each and pressed the start button to start. They both started a couple of time. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back