787 rotary valve pressure test?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyweed

Hey there,

Wondering if anyone can tell me the process, or point me to instructions on how to do a pressure test on the Rotary Valve on a 1996 sea doo xp 800?

We have the top end off, replacing a piston, and I understand that it's a good idea to do a pressure test/leak down test on the rotary valve. Just don't know how to do it.

THanks

If the crankcase of one cylinder, the other, or both does not fill up while the ski is in storage then your golden. Most of them seep a little and that's just fine, this causes them to smoke more on first start up.

To pressure test it get a 1/2" X 1/2" X 1/4" T and connect the two oil lines to the 1/2" fittings. The 1/4" will go to your pop off tester. If it holds 5psi I'd call that a success. If it doesn't I'd run it anyway.

Your better off testing the entire engine once the top end is back on. This will tell you if you have an air leak that will destroy the engine. If it is air tight the rotary cavity is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back