787 RFI OIL INJECTION HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KPKKustoms

I just purchased a 2000 SeaDoo GTX RFI

The motor had good compression and everything was good when I got it. The man I bought it from told me he had just converted it from oil injection to premix. This is my first seadoo and unknowingly to me I didn't know (and apparently he didn't either) that you had to leave the oil lines hooked up to the RV. Needless to say one of my rings on the Mag piston broke causing me to have to rebuild the top end. I haven't felt any play in the bearings on the crankshaft.

Is there anything else I need to check for damage?

I'm wanting to hook the oil injection system back up considering everyone on here says they are bullet proof as long as they are maintained.

I'm going to need all new hoses from the pump to the motor and I'm reading a bunch of different threads on here for motors except I don't see my motor for hose sizing. I know I'm going to go with Tygon tubing.

In the parts manual it shows the hose going from the tank to the pump as 8mm, is that ID or OD? I read people saying that you need 5/16 Tygon but I haven't seen if that was OD or ID

Also the hoses going from the tank to the bottom of the motor the parts manual shows 12mm, again is that ID or OD? 1/2 Tygon ID or OD?

I have not figured out which size goes from the pump to the Motor itself and also which line from the pump hooks to the Mag side and which to the PTO.

Thank you!

You need to use the correct metric sizes as the SAE just don't fit as good. You can buy the hose from OSD Seadoo.

You should not premix in any of the fuel injected skis, RFI or DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back