787 Reman

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have spun a bearing and looking to get a reman and would like to know where to get it from. looking at SBT but read they use lower quality parts. Is this true?
any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

What motor
Silly ass me,,,,same as mine,
we get most of our parts from Winners Circle Markham Ont..near toronto.
we get our bearings from them,,,they are WSM,,( chinese),,
ProX also makes some bearings,,,but very limited,,,but are of better quality.
Perhaps you could call ProX, not sure,
I assume the bearing is an end bearing,,that you are removing with a bearing puller.?,,,,or,,,is it a balancer bearing?
I just started rebuilding seadoo cranks,last winter as a winter project at the shop,,,720, 800 and 951,,,but have yet to install one to test them out.,,shop has been dead this year,,,no-one in canada has any money thanks to trudeau‘s fucking carbon tax and high interest rates,
However, Winners has almost all the parts we need, and they ship outside of canada,
Their number is 1-800-387-9646

Last edited:
I’ve read on here Competitive crankshaft for a good rebuild, from what I read they are pricey but good. Ask for OEM inner seals

I assume the bearing is an end bearing,,that you are removing with a bearing puller.?,,,,or,,,is it a balancer bearing?
I just started rebuilding seadoo cranks,last winter as a winter project at the shop,,,720, 800 and 951,,,but have yet to install one to test them out.,,shop has been dead this year,,,no-one in canada has any money thanks to trudeau‘s fucking carbon tax and high interest rates,
However, Winners has almost all the parts we need, and they ship outside of canada,
thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about your slow times in the shop but I believe my best bet is to get a short block form somewhere like Competitive crankshaft, SBT, any other suggestions would be appreciated, hopefully with the "No Fault" warranty that's a bit more reasonable than SBT's $600ish dollar warranty. Don't get me wrong I want the fellows at SBT and anywhere else that offers this service to make a profit because if their not I would be in a fix trying to do this on my own without any prior knowledge or training to get me where I need to be. It just seems a little high to me.
Another thing about SBT if you get the warranty you get the external gaskets needed to complete the job. The basic Short Block makes no mention of this gasket set needed, so I can only assume that you get to buy those on a per piece instead of a package price because the web site makes no mention of a set for sell.
Now with all that to think about it seems as though they are going to chisel every bit possible out of the guy before you get to all parts needed in hand. I may be very wrong about this because I have not spoken directly with them so I am trying to keep a open mind about this but the Red Flags keep popping up.
Anyway if you have suggestions for someone stateside please let me know.

Yes I am aware of the;
B.O.A.T.
Bust. Out. Another. Thousand. rule for Boating

I’ve read on here Competitive crankshaft for a good rebuild, from what I read they are pricey but good. Ask for OEM inner
Burt thanks for the reply.
Would you happen to have a phone # for this place. I believe I would like to chat with them about price and time frame for work and such.

It was Mikidymac who recommended competitive crankshaft, he also lives in California so there may be a good shop closer to you? But if shipping isn’t to bad at least you have some recommendations for these guys.

Popps i just saw your question about which bearing.
It's the Mag side rod bearing.
I was following the shop manuals procedure for purging the small oil lines of air by cranking it and let it idle while holding the oil pump wide open. I was doing that for about 30 to 45 secs but it started speeding up to about 5500 RPMs so with the new carbs I thought I had the idle screw to high and fiddled with it for a couple of minutes and not pushing the lever during that time it, I assume was running lean (i think that's correct term) without the correct oil flow on the Mag piston and before I knew it, it started sounding funny so I shut it down and let it cool for a few minutes and let me look things over. Well when I started to turn it over again it sounded like a busted chevy. Instead of the quick pace whine, whine, whine of the normal starter it was whomp .....whomp ..... whomp. Now I assumed it burned a hole in the piston. Well I was thinking it was going to happen this winter anyway, I had accidentally moved the top end replacement up a couple of months.
Oh but hell naw, I had killed the crank and the top end.
So the crank replacement at aprox 280
Top end parts ................... at aprox 280
shipping.............................................. 100
machine shop inspection lower aprox 100
honing Bores................................... 100
TOTAL APROX............................ 900
With all the work involved in just getting the stuff where it needs to be while it cost me time from work and my utter lack of knowledge on the internals of any motor plus the couple of special tools needed, I really see no other way than a short block.
I have always wanted to do a complete tare down and rebuild of a motor just to say I had done it, but I also had in mind a mentor / instructor to help keep me on track while doing so.
As far as a component Mechanic in this area I have not even heard of one. The ones that were here in the late 90's to the early 2000's have all closed their shops years ago. With that said I have not looked for one as I try to do and learn as much as I can.

thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about your slow times in the shop but I believe my best bet is to get a short block form somewhere like Competitive crankshaft, SBT, any other suggestions would be appreciated, hopefully with the "No Fault" warranty that's a bit more reasonable than SBT's $600ish dollar warranty. Don't get me wrong I want the fellows at SBT and anywhere else that offers this service to make a profit because if their not I would be in a fix trying to do this on my own without any prior knowledge or training to get me where I need to be. It just seems a little high to me.
Another thing about SBT if you get the warranty you get the external gaskets needed to complete the job. The basic Short Block makes no mention of this gasket set needed, so I can only assume that you get to buy those on a per piece instead of a package price because the web site makes no mention of a set for sell.
Now with all that to think about it seems as though they are going to chisel every bit possible out of the guy before you get to all parts needed in hand. I may be very wrong about this because I have not spoken directly with them so I am trying to keep a open mind about this but the Red Flags keep popping up.
Anyway if you have suggestions for someone stateside please let me know.

Yes I am aware of the;
B.O.A.T.
Bust. Out. Another. Thousand. rule for Boating

I got a new SBT motor in my 1996 GTX and have been quite happy with it. But yes, it does appear they use lower quality parts, so if you're planning to hot-rod, that's absolutely a no-go. As I understand it, if you're just going to run it stock, it'll probably last just fine?

Unlike some of the other rebuild shops, SBT does deliver on time and will back up their warranty.

Not for sale but I have a SES 787 (rebuilt) still in the container unused and a "Miller" built 787 mild race engine with about 16 hours on it (that's what the owner told me. :) ) My problem is that I don't want the BS of dealing with people if they have problems so I hang onto them and plan for future restorations. I got way more engines ready than I have time for rebuilds. I wish I never bought this freakin Speedster. :D :D

In your delimma, I find it much more cost effective and timely to build the engine yourself. It is a lot of work but you'll be doing most of it anyway. Still gotta take it all apart and put it all back together. You send these people your engines and no telling how long you are gonna wait. I have worked on a 951 SBT that had 5 hours on the engine with a broken piston so.... you don't get what you think you're getting. Good Luck !!

Back