787 Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pincusa

I have my '99 Challenger 1800 all apart. The carbs are full of dirt, which would explain why the engines were running lean and melted a piston.

I'm cleaning and rebuilding the carbs now. But I'm sure the fuel pumps look just as bad. But where can I get a rebuild kit?

Looked at SBT and seadoowarehouse.com, but can't find anything. Where do we get these things? (Sorry, still new to Sea Doos and did try searching already)

Thanks!

If you are relocating the fuel pump, it's important that you try to keep the pulse line as short as you can, otherwise the pressure pulses decay in the hose and don' actuate the pump as good as they should.

Bent - Very good call. I'm putting the replacement fuel pumps where the stock ones used to mount. The larger pumps don't have the same mounting holes, but drilling out the old holes and creating one new one, let me mount the pump on the stock bracket. (For anyone reading this doing theirs, first test fit the pump to get the correct position as it's tight with the exhaust there)
The next issue is the large pump has two fuel exits, and they're both 1/4" fittings. So it's tough to fit the fuel line to the MAG carb as it's a larger fitting. But some squeezing got the hose on.
Next, you need to close up the supply fitting on the MAG that would flow to the PTA carb. I found some rubber caps, but will look around to make sure they're OK with the fuel.
Any suggestions for what people have used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back