657x parts on a 587

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

poppie

Last year I had a 94 XP blow up on me. I decided to part it out rather than fix it. I also have a 93 GTX with a 587 that run great. My question is would putting the carbs and exhaust from the 657x onto the 587 have any benefits like more power? Is it even possible? The idea just popped into my head and I haven't had a chance to look the parts over to see if they would fit. Any input would greatly appreciated.

They will bolt up but they won't really "fit". There is a 30HP difference in the two engines and much of it is coming from bore, stroke, and porting differences. If you use the 587 carbs, cables, impeller, pipe and electric box then it will run fine in the 94XP hull.

Thanks for the reply. I didnt think it would make enough difference to be worth the trouble. Maybe a little more breathing on the high end of the rev range. Thanks for the input. The xp crank locked up and it fried a cylinder so its beyond repair. Thanks!

I see what you mean about getting the xp hull back in water but the gtx is a 3 seater which we still need.

Can anyone help ? I do not have any power to the fuel gauge ? I have change the gauge completely and changed the fuses so I am now thinking that it may be the Electronic module ? but to change this looks expensive and thinking probably not worth it due to the age of the ski ? does anyone have any other ideas or if you think it is the electronic module does anyone have a cheap one for sale ?
thanks
nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back