657 Runs good for 10 minutes then

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, 14 is way to low. You need it within the factory spec on a stock engine.
SBT has a chart on carb's(my model is the 1995 SPX 657)spec is 22-37psi
While I was searching for a fix to the bog,I cut the spring tension from 26psi down to 14 psi...she was starting faster but still had the bog.Next,I bye passed the fuel selector switch,went to the lake,she ran perfect even I continue to run the 14 psi setting?

On a side note;
A couple days ago I invited a friend to the lake to ride my X4,He is 230lbs,I showed him how to start the boat and said it is more fun to figure out how to ride it on your own.So he takes off and sure enough he falls off about 150 yards from shore.
I was sitting in my chair on shore drinking a cold beer(laughing like hell)when I watched him try to mount the ski from the side rail.He never figured to grab the handle on the back of the seat?
So he starts swimming the seadoo to the shore after witch he could put his feet on ground and jump back on the ski...

On a side note;
A couple days ago I invited a friend to the lake to ride my X4,He is 230lbs,I showed him how to start the boat and said it is more fun to figure out how to ride it on your own.So he takes off and sure enough he falls off about 150 yards from shore.
I was sitting in my chair on shore drinking a cold beer(laughing like hell)when I watched him try to mount the ski from the side rail.He never figured to grab the handle on the back of the seat?
So he starts swimming the seadoo to the shore after witch he could put his feet on ground and jump back on the ski...
I bet that was fun to watch ha ha

I was thinking about how to Install a simple amp gauge on my ski?just to show me the voltage while I am out riding on the lake.
Last run,the ski stated to crap out,acted like carb issues,but I know what was going on here,the battery voltage was dropping.Each time I head to the lake I leave the charger on over night,this will last me several riding hours,but if I for get to charge before the next trip,she will run like crap...

Just fix the charging system and be done with it. There are only 3 parts, charging coil in the stator, rectifier and battery.

Just fix the charging system and be done with it. There are only 3 parts, charging coil in the stator, rectifier and battery.
Yes I plan to fix her up this winter.I want to pull the motor and paint the Inside of the Hull nice and white,and replace the wear ring.My steering cover is colored Teal and it is falling apart,sure would be nice to find a replacement?

Don’t bother painting the engine compartment as it won’t last. Jus use castrol superclean and a pressure washer and it will look like new.

26d14728126f8fa5a55ef7d3ffff1dfc.jpg

I was running my 657 at lake hogan today...trolling for bass,so I was on idle for 4 hours going around the lake.
Decided to real the line in and go for a speed run,hit the throttle and she sputtered out and quit on me.
Tried to start her for some time with no luck...I figure the plugs may be fouled out?
Holly cow it was 4pm and I had no shoes on board,the walk back to camp would have taken me to midnight.
Lucky me was able to wave down a passing boat and get a tow job!

Wow surprised is lasted that long. Keep two plugs and a cheap spark plug wrench with you. :) And a knife a big knife for the gators. :D :D

Well,when I got back home to my tool box took a look at the plugs,,,solid black all right.
1. bring plugs and wrench
2. bring shoes and flash light
3. wish I had a buddy system...never know she can run perfect and not so perfect at any given time out there...

Well.... from the peanut gallery, :) even on a 5 minute idle through "No Wake" zones.... I blip the throttle every minute or so and listen/feel, how the engine responds. I'd say your ski actually did great given the circumstances.

You better make sure you didn’t flood the engine when you had it towed.
she runs fine after tow and a new set of plugs...I turned her into a mini Bass boat,trolling around now instead of hot dogging around the Lake,Umbrella Rig is bringing great action for the Bass action here on lake Hogan ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back