657 Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

b52dude

Rebuilding the top end of a 657 motor. Noticed this line that is disconnected / broken, near the the side of the block / carburetors. Can you guys help me to understand it's use?

IMG_2274.jpg

I believe that it is small oil lines. 3/32” one thing that I prefer to get from BRP dealship and is actually priced ok and available when I got it. Thjnk it did have to be ordered though.

Pretty sure they are all mostly the 3/32 but what year and model are you working on? I will have a look at the manual. You can also access manuals here on seadoo forum with a premium membership and I think there are free ones available online. You will need the manual anyways if your doing a top end rebuild on it. Yeah, they get brittle after 30 years. I’ve seen them pretty much disintegrate,

Is it ok to just run a premix and not worry about replacing these lines etc? Not sure I want to get this all working again, might not be worth the effort. Thoughts?

I’m not familiar with the steps to eliminating the oil pump, I have read many times that the oil pump on them is very reliable. If you do run premix you will need to leave the oil tank and line going the rotary valve cavity, Do you have reason to believe that the oil pump is not working? Or are you just concerned because of the small oil lines? If it’s just the lines, once changed they will never give you problems again.

Yes it is your oil injection line and yes, no oil will blow up an engine.
These 3/32" lines are the only thing that needs to be replaced to make the oil injection reliable. Replace every 10-15 years.

No reason to go premix but if you do you still have to supply oil to the rotary gear.

Yes I agree, I can see clearly now how these 2 lines connect. Not too hard to replace... But it definitely look's like one line broke, thus the low compression. I don't have the ski's history, as I bought it used.

Back