50 cent "flush kit" alternative, with 60 second install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Yellow Jacker

I was working on my sprinklers the other day, and had a piece of flex tubing lying around. I wondered whether it would fit onto the flush port, since they're both 1/2" diameter, and it did.

It fits snug enough that you don't even need a clamp. It took a lot of work to remove it, so next time I'll just leave it on there. Because the flex pipe is so stiff, you can install it with iBR without even removing the iBR bucket, so install time is 60 seconds, which includes cutting the flex pipe.

You can get a 24" piece from Home Depot for 98 cents, which gives you enough to make 2 of them: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-1-2-in-x-24-in-Riser-Flex-Pipe-37151/100154591

You don't even need an adapter to attach a hose if you have a cut length of hose without the male threaded piece on it. Just shove the cut end of the hose onto the flex pipe, and it forms a tight seal. If you wanted to do something more permanent, then you can install a female hose end onto the flex pipe, and a quick-connect fitting onto the hose end, but then it will cost more than 50 cents.

Thanks for this info. I am definitely going to try this!

I read the instructions for removing the iBR assembly to install the OE flush kit and it does not look like fun.

Back