4th July Private Islands Clearwater FL

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

semperfish

Anyone ever launch near Clearwater, and got to any of the small islands or sandbars that dot the intercoastal almost in a straight line up to Caledessi Island? We are planning on taking out SemperDoo (name of our SeaDoo) out tomorrow and I was wondering if every island is packed on weekends, or if there is a good chance to have our own island. They look awsome, might head over to Shepards for lunch and a drink. Thanks.
SF,
Duane

Spoil Islands... They're great little hang outs. I'm going over to Dunedin Causeway today and ridin up and down from there to Anclote Key. If you want to hook up txt me.

DJ 7274824050

Clearwater again

We did this trip again last weekend, and took out our two Seadoos. I just got an 02 GTX DI, which looks just like djames59, and took out our new 08 RXP 215. We had alot of fun, but the chop was a little much for the wife. Started to head out to open water by Shepards but, again, the swells were intimidating for the wife. I was having a good time though. Anyone know if there is a good launch out on the open water side, rather than working out of Seminole Boat Ramp? Looks like Sand Key has a boat ramp, Anyone use it? How far can you go on a normal tank North or South of Shepards out in the Gulf? I would like to make a run some weekend, email me if your going and I will try to come along. stammusmc@yahoo.com

Duane

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took a drive through Sand Key Park the other day, and saw no boat ramps, but the whole North side of the peninsula is empty and would be wonderful for a large lot and 10-20 launch ramps, like they did down in Fort Desoto Park at the mouth of Tampa Bay. FL boaters really need to rally the state for more launch sites with adequate parking so we can enjoy our sport. I've shown up at Seminole Boat Ramp in Clearwater multiple times with my old 21 footer just to have to go back home due to no parking available.

:rant:

Back