3d shutdown, smoke coming from the engine compartment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

J2222

Hello,

I took my two 2005 3d's to the lake yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I put new gas and batteries in both before we went. One ran great all day, the other one ran great for 15 minutes then died. I opened up the engine cover and smoke came out, any ideas? I started it 3min later and it died after a few seconds. We towed it so as not to cause any damage. I have owned these skis since they were new, never had any problems. I was told even after siting for a couple of years as long as the fuel was replaced they should be fine. Is there any other Maintence that needs to be done? Impellers?
Any help would be appreciated.

James

Open the rear access panel and check you havnt melted an exhaust coupler, a lot of the rear part of the exhaust is plastic and if it doesnt get enough water the parts melt

Thanks

Open the rear access panel and check you havnt melted an exhaust coupler, a lot of the rear part of the exhaust is plastic and if it doesnt get enough water the parts melt

I checked and your right, a piece of hose was melted. Do you know what may have caused this?

Thanks

Check all of the water lines, especially any that connect to the exhaust they may be blocked. A certain amount of water needs to go through the exhaust to cool it.
Just dont hook it up to the hose and turn the hose on without the engine running or you can backfill the cylinders (you probably know this but just in case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back