230 Challenger SE - Ski Pylon

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDooTim

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the ski pylon? Mine will bend from pulling a skier. I know I can keep taking it to the dealer for repair or replacement, but that is not the answer after every weekend of boating.

Has yours bent?

Hey SeaDooTim, has yours bent already or your just anticipating it bending? I have a 2008 230 SE and haven't used the ski pylon yet, it doesn't feel to sturdy, I was thinking the same thing that maybe it would bend pulling a adult skier.

I don't know if your ski pylon is the same design as on my 2004 Sportster, but I've towed many wakeboarders, and tubers. Never had a problem before, it's much stronger than it looks.

Mine bent last August and I had the dealer straighten it. This season, I towed an adult on one ski and he bent it when cutting. I think the problem with ours (230 Challengers) is that the pylon extends up from the base atleast 10"-12". On the Sportsters, it may extend 4"-5" (I assume). Of course the salesman had told me it was strong enough to pull a skier/wakeboarder and even a tube (he said not to pull a tube from the tower). I would like to find something I could stick over the existing without fully extending it.

evidently they are having a lot of problems with the towers on these boats. I have an 08 challenger and mine won't even come all the way together with the 4 bolts that secure it upright. I'm still waiting to here back on a permanent solution for mine.

mine bent on my challeger 1800 last year when trying to pull a big boy out of the water on a wake board. I took the bent one to a machine shop in town and they fabbed me a much stronger one that hasnt bent yet. once one is bent and then has to be restraightened, the structural integrity of the metal has been compromised and it will never be as strong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back