210 Challenger floor drain--. Who has ran hoses to the bilge area?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

I know there's a person or two on here that have ran hoses from there floor drains to the bilge area of their boat. Those who have what kind of hose/tubing did you use? Also did you run the drain in the ski locker to the bilge if so did you just drill a hole in the bulkhead?

I'm a little confused. The only floor drain in our 210 is the one in the starboard corner of the cockpit floor. It drains into the bilge (after splashing onto the tank of course). Ski locker drain goes into locker, than back to bilge through the rear fitting. All of the drains will drain to the bilge in their current set-up.

I'm a little confused. The only floor drain in our 210 is the one in the starboard corner of the cockpit floor. It drains into the bilge (after splashing onto the tank of course). Ski locker drain goes into locker, than back to bilge through the rear fitting. All of the drains will drain to the bilge in their current set-up.

I'm fairly sure there was somebody here who ran hoses directly to the bilge area. The main one being the floor drain that runs down on top of the gas tank directly on the electrical connections. I remember reading about it but I can't find the original post.

I've got a couple 1 1/2 inch hoses on the workbench to do this. I don't believe the original posted ever posted pictures. I picked the hoses up at the pool store awhile back, I haven't verified the fit or length needed yet. In the ski locker I just wanted to loop the hose to the floor to prevent it from draining on the top of the tote I use for cans / garbage.

I would venture to guess any hose or tubing would work fine for this task. Just figure out the ID of the hose you'll need and just get whatever you have access to. Most home improvement stores should have something for this. Maybe some clear braided hose?

Sorry for not responding sooner. I've been in Baltimore all week. I just jumped into the boat to take a few pics.

First, the ski locker:

I did not run a hose from the drain into the bilge, but I did run a hose to the bottom of the locker. Why? To keep saltwater from just running onto the table legs and ski pylon. I also learned from this picture that I REALLY need to clean the ski locker...

IMG_2075.jpg

In the engine compartment, I just ran the hose from the drain, down along the steering cable path to the back of the bilge. Eventually, I would like to run this out a port but I haven't done the work to figure out the best way to do that.

IMG_2077.jpg
IMG_2078.jpg

Why did I do this? Because sometimes this happens:
[video=youtube_share;T-eE2xq1YxM]https://youtu.be/T-eE2xq1YxM[/video]

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the photos! I am mainly concerned about all the water that runs on top of the fuel tanks and all around the electrical connections. Sure they are sealed but why constantly test this. I know exactly what I am going to do now!

go_panthers: Did you add the clips for the table legs in the ski locker? Ours doesn't have them and that's definitely a sweet addition.

go_panthers: Did you add the clips for the table legs in the ski locker? Ours doesn't have them and that's definitely a sweet addition.

That's odd, mine has two mounts not all 3 (I need 3).. Also the rubber mat in the bottom of my ski locker only covers a small portion of the ski locker floor. Looks like in the photo it covers most if not all of the floor.

I added the third set for the ski pylon. There wasn’t a good place to store it , so I found some clips online and installed them. It was one of the first things I did after buying the boat. I’m not a fan of unsecured metal objects bouncing around in the ski locker. I’ll look through my emails back then for the part number/source for the clips if you would like.

Also the rubber mat in the bottom of my ski locker only covers a small portion of the ski locker floor. Looks like in the photo it covers most if not all of the floor.

The mat in the ski locker is the same in our 2012. Covers the center of the floor mostly. Also gets dirty as hell.

I added the third set for the ski pylon. There wasn’t a good place to store it , so I found some clips online and installed them. It was one of the first things I did after buying the boat. I’m not a fan of unsecured metal objects bouncing around in the ski locker. I’ll look through my emails back then for the part number/source for the clips if you would like.

We're the 2nd owners of our boat and it only had the one set of clips and the pylon was always attached there. If you can find the source for the clips, that'd be great.

I found the email. I ordered in May of 2015 from eBay, but the item is no longer active with that seller. I'm sure they are out there somewhere, though.

C668AD9F-C426-4DD4-BD4E-B331FFDB4CB6.jpg

I installed the same hose as go_panthers from the floor drain to the bilge area... Great idea, I see no need to run all the water and sand down the gas tank and through the engine compartment. Thanks for the photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back