204471176 - Bilge Pump Options?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MVPeterP

So my Bilge pump is pooched. something seriously wrong. I wanted to find a replacement for this one while i pull it out and look at it. But it appears that it is discontinued. All i can find are ones without the attachment.

As for my current bilge pump, it will randomly start, then run on its own, even dry. If i click the manual bilge button on, you can hear it go faster, turn it off, it runs slower. I thougt a float sticking, tapping it does nothing. I can only get it to stop by disconnecting the power.

I will try to repair it, but regardless, i want to grab a new pump just in case.

Any suggestions???

2007 Seadoo Speedster 150

What's wrong with the many Rule pump options out there? There's several models with built in float switches.

The auto bilge pumps are wired straight to the battery so they will run even if you have the master switch turned off. The previous owner of my boat had disconnected the pump completely because it would randomly come on and stay on, running the battery down. After a little wrenching around in there, I removed the pump and found the float switch to be VERY dirty and clogged up with debris and oily-sticky stuff...best way to describe it. I took the float switch cover off, cleaned it good with some Dawn dishwashing detergent and an old toothbrush, reassembled it and replaced it. First time out on the water after the repair we were camping at the lake and moored it in a nearby cove. Overnight it rained pretty hard, and when looking inside the engine bay, I noticed quite a but of water...enough that the auto bilge pump should have come on. When I turned on the manual switch...nothing. Checked fuses and found that the 3amp fuse was blown and when I replaced it, the pump came back on and spit out the majority of water in the bilge. No more rain and not enough water from getting in and out or from taking on water to make the pump come back on, but will probably put some water in the bilge to test the auto feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back