2018 Spark cooling system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Crew Johns

Hello I have a 2018 Seadoo Spark. Just did a 50hr service. Oil change, plugs, oil filter, wear ring etc. Took it out for a test run and got a High temp alarm. Got it home and checked the coolant level. A little low so I topped it off with OEM coolant. Started on the water hose and after about 5 minutes got the high temp beeping. I checked the cap on the coolant reservoir and it was pretty hot to the touch. From it running on the hose and seeing water was circulating it leads me to believe the problem is in the closed loop on the engine side. Water pump, thermostat, sensor not sure? Has anyone had similar issues like I’m having. Any advise would be appreciated!

Hello I have a 2018 Seadoo Spark. Just did a 50hr service. Oil change, plugs, oil filter, wear ring etc. Took it out for a test run and got a High temp alarm. Got it home and checked the coolant level. A little low so I topped it off with OEM coolant. Started on the water hose and after about 5 minutes got the high temp beeping. I checked the cap on the coolant reservoir and it was pretty hot to the touch. From it running on the hose and seeing water was circulating it leads me to believe the problem is in the closed loop on the engine side. Water pump, thermostat, sensor not sure? Has anyone had similar issues like I’m having. Any advise would be appreciated!
Problem solved!

Sparks have a closed loop cooling system.....note, the heat exchanger (i.e. radiator) is one of the metal rails UNDER the hull, so the ski coolant gets cooled while sitting in water. Running on a hose doesn't cool the engine properly but should be fine for testing purposes.....don't run skis TOO LONG on a hose.....couple minutes at a time is MY rule of thumb.

Also, read somewhere recently, since my SPARK coolant reservoir is empty...the water pump seal may be suspect and engines may lose coolant over time and/or while running.....warranty/recall issues???? IDK?

Sparks have a closed loop cooling system.....note, the heat exchanger (i.e. radiator) is one of the metal rails UNDER the hull, so the ski coolant gets cooled while sitting in water. Running on a hose doesn't cool the engine properly but should be fine for testing purposes.....don't run skis TOO LONG on a hose.....couple minutes at a time is MY rule of thumb.

Also, read somewhere recently, since my SPARK coolant reservoir is empty...the water pump seal may be suspect and engines may lose coolant over time and/or while running.....warranty/recall issues???? IDK?
Sorry to jump on your post.

I’m having a similar issue saying high oil temp. Fault code p0298 on a wake pro.

What you have suggested on your spark would you think be the same sort of issue for myself.

Back