2018 spark 3up key problems....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Izzyroxs

I am completely aware of how to start this jet ski is any one else experiencing their key not beeping then not being able to start... Ruined my day 2 day... Hit start button 1x computer starts then attached key no beep no start.. 2nd time this weekend happened fortunately 1st time after 20 min working key and repeating the procedure it started... Not today though.... Any help maybe a bad key or connection post ..

Or I've been reading maybe starter relay I'm getting 1 click after hitting start button w key attached after starting computer.. it only has 28hrs WTF... Really.. I called warranty center covered under warranty but I still have 2 pay a 50. Deductible dealership 1 HR away who knows when I get it in or back

just a heads up the extended BRP doesn't cover wiring, which was my issue on one of mine. It read "reading key" constantly and would start sometimes but IBR wouldn't work. had corroded pin at the DLC connector and the dash.

Just a follow-up just got ski back they replaced on board computer have 2 call tech back wasn't able 2 pick up in time 2 speak w anyone... After hours gonna test out 2 marro c what happens...

Just winterized my 2018 Spark w/IBR about 2 weeks ago and had a similar issue with the "Reading key" message when I reassembled it and went to get the hours at which the oil was changed. It kept flashing the reading key message with a beep every so often.

I disconnected and reconnected the two plugs and got the same message. I had just under 37 hours. I took it back to the dealer and they said there was corrosion on a pin in one of the connectors. They cleaned it and slapped some dielectric grease on it.

Needless to say I was surprised as it didn't get soaked in the engine compartment during its use and I would have expected the connectors to be a little more bulletproof. Guess I will have to add the dielectric grease as part of my regular maintenance during the season.

Izzy, jw - only thing that exceeds my regret y’all encountered these (apparent) QA issues (son of a b!tc!!) is my gratitude for your posting up something I need to be aware of (especially the dialectic grease tip, ADDED to my off season PM list!). Thanks, man.

And I guess what exceeds that latter is my relief y’all are back on the water!

Back