2018 GTX 230 Ltd or GTX 300 Ltd

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinimod

I currently have a 2012 GTX 155 and want to upgrade to the new 2018 GTX platform. I really like the new 2018 GTX LimIted package but is only available in the 230 or 300 so I am trying to decide between these two. I typically use the SEADOO for water sports towing at around 25-30 mph and will occasionally cruise solo at WOT. With there only being a $1400 difference between the 230 and 300 I am undecided and stuck on which one to purchase. Is there much difference between the two beside the stronger mid range acceleration on the 300? Also can someone advise if the 300 burns through much more fuel than a 230?

I was wondering if you could get the stereo on the Gtx 230 standard I know you get it on the 300 . I would get the Gtx 300 you will have a much better resale value and both will burn lots of gas as long as you are going wot . Make sure you get depth finder . Cruise would be nice and make sure the stereo has the Aux port . I think the Gtx 300 is a beautiful machine

I currently have a 2012 GTX 155 and want to upgrade to the new 2018 GTX platform. I really like the new 2018 GTX LimIted package but is only available in the 230 or 300 so I am trying to decide between these two. I typically use the SEADOO for water sports towing at around 25-30 mph and will occasionally cruise solo at WOT. With there only being a $1400 difference between the 230 and 300 I am undecided and stuck on which one to purchase. Is there much difference between the two beside the stronger mid range acceleration on the 300? Also can someone advise if the 300 burns through much more fuel than a 230?
What did you end up doing?

IMHO, resale value is not really a perk to the 300, because you'll pay more $$$ up front, so you'll pay xx% more up front to get xx% on resale? i'd actually bet it takes a higher rate of depreciation.

I would think long term the 230 would be better on fuel and repairs, just because it's a slightly less strung out motor, but i think they're both solid machines.

for comparison, my 130hp RX pulls a Big Bertha tube out of the water like nothing. I'm pretty sure almost double that horsepower would make it even more effortless.

What did you end up doing?
After speaking with some very experience mechanic and get some advice from a PWC editor who has spent many hours on both the GTX230 and GTX300 I decided on the GTX230. Similar to what "sheldon2es" mentioned the 230 would take a lot less stress on the engine compared to the 300 from being less strung out. Also a lot of marina's where I am located do not sell premium fuel so it would be beneficial to have the 230 that only requires regular fuel. It was also noted that the 300 is only noticebly at WOT through mid range and I came to thinking how often I will use at WOT and it made the decision easy to lean towards the GTX230.

I was wondering if you could get the stereo on the Gtx 230 standard I know you get it on the 300 . I would get the Gtx 300 you will have a much better resale value and both will burn lots of gas as long as you are going wot . Make sure you get depth finder . Cruise would be nice and make sure the stereo has the Aux port . I think the Gtx 300 is a beautiful machine

Yes you can get the stereo on the GTX 230. I ordered one about a month ago. Pick it up April 7th. Can’t freaking wait.

I had a GTR 215 and I thought all supercharged engines require premium fuel?
The limiteds come with no wake and cruise control. I love the new GTX platform but it does have a lot less storage then the GTI platform.
I am thinking reverse on what your thinking. I am looking into getting the 155 GTI or GTX N/A engine because of maintenance/fuel/less moving parts to go wrong. Just worried I will miss the power. Going to the GTX platform I am worried about the storage and it is more money.

I would get the 230 and put the money for a trailer.

I had a GTR 215 and I thought all supercharged engines require premium fuel?
The limiteds come with no wake and cruise control. I love the new GTX platform but it does have a lot less storage then the GTI platform.
I am thinking reverse on what your thinking. I am looking into getting the 155 GTI or GTX N/A engine because of maintenance/fuel/less moving parts to go wrong. Just worried I will miss the power. Going to the GTX platform I am worried about the storage and it is more money.

I would get the 230 and put the money for a trailer.

They 215 GTR was “optimized” for premium, but you can run regular and it’ll just retard the timing so you’re only makin like 180hp. The 230 though, was “optimized” for regular. No reason to run anything better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back