2018/19 GTI SE or GTR or ....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbianco

This weekend I gave away my 02 RX DI and now I have a empty trailer. I've been looking and trying to come up to speed from 2002 to 2018.

I think GTR 230 fits my needs

I like the comfort and ease of Sea Doo "recreation" but I also like "performance". I assume these ski's are 4-cycle, and I can't find any references to HSP per Rotax engine. The GTI/GTR hull design is advertised as the same. I also want to sit straight (no racing posture). I may wedge 2 people on a seat but never 3. I'm familiar with VTS , but iBR, ITC I think I could take it or leave it? - but I could be wrong. CLCS is differently important but this ski will never see salt water (another benefit of CLCS?). I'm still paying for my Polaris ATV but this best time of year to buy ski and fill that empty trailer. Comments?

This weekend I gave away my 02 RX DI and now I have a empty trailer. I've been looking and trying to come up to speed from 2002 to 2018.

I think GTR 230 fits my needs

I like the comfort and ease of Sea Doo "recreation" but I also like "performance". I assume these ski's are 4-cycle, and I can't find any references to HSP per Rotax engine. The GTI/GTR hull design is advertised as the same. I also want to sit straight (no racing posture). I may wedge 2 people on a seat but never 3. I'm familiar with VTS , but iBR, ITC I think I could take it or leave it? - but I could be wrong. CLCS is differently important but this ski will never see salt water (another benefit of CLCS?). I'm still paying for my Polaris ATV but this best time of year to buy ski and fill that empty trailer. Comments?

I had a 2012 GTR 215 it was a playful and good ski. To me Ibr is a must along with the close loop cooling for storage reasons.
I sold it and got a new 18 GTX 155 two very different machines- the Gtx is not as playful but takes in chop a lot better and I miss the supercharger.
I would get the GTR again.

Thanks for your comments. I agree about heat exchanger cooling system. I used to "hose pinch" the two cycle coolant system to winterize (pain in the butt)

I think I'm going to continue to do research and probably pull the trigger on the 2019 GTR 230 when the Boat show comes to town.

I would also like advice on a buying a GTI 155, Wake 155 or GTR 230. Their all within $1000 of each other, not sure what to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back