2017 GTRX 230 Driveshaft Play

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ski took on a bunch of water the other day. Wasn't after a hard hit and didn't hit anything in the water either. Was turning at 40. Thankfully before it went full Titanic, I was able to beach it. Ended up getting it pumped and towed. Looked like carbon seal failure as the telltale line is on the hull. When attempting to move the hat back to replace the C clip with a new carbon seal installed, the drive shaft moves quite a bit, perhaps over an inch with the pump on. Is this amount of play normal? Moving the hat will move the entire shaft up to the bellows. The PTO side of the drive shaft bumper was detached from the shaft, so I fished it out and replaced as well. Splines on both ends look ok.

Motor doesn't seem to move much, if at all. I'm waiting for the tool check alignment. Yes, I know that the bellows is on "backwards", it is what I had at the time and has since been replaced. Also the oetiker clamps are not on yet in this video either as I didn't want to set them before I knew everything was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back