2017 Gtr X 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly are you looking for in a ski? that would help answer this!

It depends on if your a 1st time rider or a 1st time boater. The skills needed to safely drive a boat in general fast are far different then a car cuz to be safe you need to read the water among other things . So assuming your not a kid and have some self control, the pwc with it's easy directional control would be great for a 1st time rider especially with its Econo mode that moderates acceleration and top speed . Lastingly that is the 1st GTI to come out with the new maintenance free supercharger so if you should read about some past Sea Doo's with superchargers , they had a long running defect in their design that's finally been corrected with the model your considering so don't be to alarmed if you read some background information on previous SC Sea Doos like the GTR 215 . The GTR 235 is the one I am considering in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a full size ski that will provide stability and easy maintenance.

But,,, as asked above, what is it that you are after. Speed, comfort, low maintenance, tow tubes or skiers?

Looking for decent speed and low maintenance and a sporty look. I am not experienced with sea doos but have owned a 15ft boat with 60hp Merc. Where I live you can pull a tube with a 2 up.
I have read and heard the old supercharges can be very costly to rebuilt at around 100 hours.

The SC is just over $400 to rebuild them. But WOW what a different ski between a 130/155 and a 255 SC engine. I'll never own a ski without unless it is a spare ski.

3 seaters are much more stable anyways. Easier to board. I can board mine from the side and have no issues with tipping or rolling issues. In fact, I've NEVER rolled either of my skis. RXT-X and GTX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually went to look at them today at the local powersports store. They only had a Gti, spark and Wave on display, good thing about the Gtr right now is it is 1k off MSRP with a 4 year warranty.

Ive read different specs regarding how to operate for the breakin period. What does See doo recommend?

No constant/consistent speed, no max RPM runs for 10 hrs. The MPEM will prevent high speed runs until the min hours are met.

I don't know how much this means to you , but a full day of letting her rip cost me about $40 and of course with the summer blend that's about to go up. With a GTR -230 if you start enjoying it a lot you may be pushing $80 so don't think cuz its a little boat that fuel is not a issue. Also I would check your insurance agent on cost and bump it up to $300 k keeping in mind that figure is for your cost if you get hit by some broke ass kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back