2016 Sea Doo GTR 215 bogs down on acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwill1957

My 2016 Sea Doo GTR 215 idles fine but when you accelerate it bogs down for a few seconds then takes off with plenty of power .....then will come and go ... sputtering and bogging down then clears right up and takes off again ....... ive installed new plugs but still same issue ........ PWC has 67 hours on it

I would check your intercooler for a leak. If it has one, water leaks into the intake while idle where it pools until you get the throttle. It then injests it producing bogging and such. Under full speed a minor leak may not be present because of intake pressure from the fill boost supercharger.

To test look for the 2 raw water lines to the intake as your IC is in the intake and find a a way to add compressed air.

Alternatively, you can pull out the IC and test it with water.

I would check your intercooler for a leak. If it has one, water leaks into the intake while idle where it pools until you get the throttle. It then injests it producing bogging and such. Under full speed a minor leak may not be present because of intake pressure from the fill boost supercharger.

To test look for the 2 raw water lines to the intake as your IC is in the intake and find a a way to add compressed air.

Alternatively, you can pull out the IC and test it with water.
I checked the intercooler last night and ran a pressure test and everything checked out good ........ any other suggestions on what i should check next?

Check your basic Air supply ducting for obstructions (wasp nest, etc.. if you leave the seat propped up per BRP recommendations during long storage. Other critters like tiny places too for homes ....mice, etc..) The check the Fuel supply. Age of Fuel, Quality of Fuel. Then check the Fuel FILTER inside the fuel tank for foreign particles and/or sludge (ethanol sludge separates from the gas) that will allow for starting and idle, but upon high demand suction draws the sludge against the filter membrane; restricting supply and then you feel the power drops. As the sludge moves in the sloshing tank the supply repeatedly gets interrupted creating the full power/hesitant power/full power/partial power/sputtering power cycles. Sludge getting past the filters clogs the tiny, tiny, high pressure injectors. All gas engines that are used seasonally or infrequently (boats, lawnmowers, etc..) are prone to this; also gas suppliers get junk in their tanks; etc... Filters are installed for good reasons and are relatively cheap to replace. My marine engines have two on each engine. Even Pure Gas changes over time and Fuel Preservatives have limits too. Urban myths exist about 'restoring' stale gas. Good luck with your investigation.

When I had surging issues initially, I had a leaking intercooler. It was resolved but a short time later I had a studder.

I bought a fuel pressure gauge and put it in, and the pressure was right at spec and never wavered. Next, I bought a single coil. I noticed cyl 1 plug had a little carbon on it vs. the others so I tried cyl 1. Problem solved.

Thanks for everyone help .... I think I have my problem fixed..... I went through and double checked everything and drained all the gas out and changed the fuel filter , cleaned the MAP Sensor and tested it to make sure it was working properly and we took it out yesterday and she ran like a top !!!! Thanks again for all your help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back