2015 seadoo spark won’t steer to left. Steering cable? Lock nut?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Your steering cable is not installed properly...I had the same problem when I re-assembled my ski. Take the 2 piece black retainer off (the thing that the steering cable passes through), push the steering cable back into the hull until the recess in the cable is even with the retainer bracket location, look at the 2 brackets pieces...they have a plastic nub that forms a circle when they are connected and that circle of plastic is what mates with the steering cable (which has the recess in it) to restrain the cable to the hull.

TIP: You will need a long 1/4" extension to remove and install the nuts and washers, so take your time as it is tight working in there and your hands may not fit...what I do is put a little piece of paper towel on the socket and then push the nut into the socket...the paper towel will hold the nut so it doesn't fall out of the socket and will just wash away when it hits the water. Dropping the washers and nuts on the bottom ride plate is a real PITA to see and find...there are ridges on the plate and the washers and nuts disappear. If you do drop them, use a flashlight and a long thin stick/dowel with vaseline on the end to retrieve stuff....it works.

You will need to take some of the external metal parts off and free the end of the steering cable first. Then simple turn the handlebars until they are dead straight, restrain the cable in the hull, reattach the metal parts, attach the end of the steering cable to the metal part (adjust the end to keep the nozzle pointing straight ahead) and you should be good to go. Put it all back together and check for steering for hard rights and hard lefts...the nozzle should move accordingly. Minor adjustments can then be done by turning the knurled bracket on the left front of the ski by the handlebars (take off the plastic cover to reach the steering adjustments)

NOTE: There are 2 or 3 rubber ring washers that go on the steering cable before you push it into the hull, the retaining bracket then hold those washers in to create a watertight seal...the bracket also has plastic nibs on the backside as well to press those rubber washers....so getting everything aligned and sorted can be a bit trying but you can do it. If I can, anybody can...once you understand what you are trying to accomplish.

PS....it is a lot easier to fix this IF the jet pump is removed and out of the way...but it is not necessary to take the pump off if you don't want/have to. Just makes it more challenging.

Last edited:
Back