2014 Wake 155 Coolant Flush

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

gmk5070

Hey Everyone,

I am going to do a coolant flush on my 2014 Seadoo Wake 155. I watched the 3ft under video and understand the process. The only thing I am not sure about is the thread sealant part- applying loctite 567 on the drain plug.

Loctite 567 isnt readily available in my area. When I google Loctite 567 another brand shows up- Permatex High Temperature Thread Sealant. Has anyone ever used this or have an alternative for Loctite 567?

https://www.autozone.com/sealants-g...nSh0BmvTW2DUFJRJupwaAiSTEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have the 230 Wake and just did this process. Love 3ft Deep channel…super helpful. My manual does not call for thread locker. It states that drain plug should be reinserted while coolant is streaming out. I suspect the dried coolant in the threads become it’s own aid to thread bite. I believe also the torque spec is 73 inch pounds, double check that though.

There are charts to cross the two brands , I find using the recommended sealant or its alternative is a must.

Back