2013 Wake 155 battery compartment confusion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

den458

I bought my 2013 Wake 155 new, used it a couple seasons, had a blast. Had it dealer winterized as always 2015, dealer handed me the battery as usual. I’m finally better after a couple years illness, today I’m putting the fully charged battery back into the boat. Two big bolts to secure the battery case to hull, no brainer. The rest, I’m seriously fuzzy on. There is a plastic-like rack that holds some components that sort of hangs on the battery case. Should it hang rearward side of the case, or on top? It seems to hang kinda loosely wherever, just held loosely in place by a plastic edge that hangs on the edge of more plastic, not secured at all, & maybe that's how it’s supposed to be. But I’m really puzzled that what I think is the solenoid (black body with 2 heavy red cables attached) just dangles in space nearby, not secured to anything. Can that be right? If this loose arrangement is by design, I think I’d want to secure things some at least with cable ties…. Or am I missing something? I wish there was a video or good pictorial of how the battery compartment should be arranged, including showing how to position battery cables to make everything fit as designed. Maybe it’s fine as-is, but I’m so rusty I’m hesitant to go as-is. The video here on battery replacement didn’t reflect my configuration. Any guidance or pointing me to pictures &/or videos greatly appreciated !

BTW, it did fire right up on nearly 3 year old gas, then I immediately turned it off. I did fiddle around with that plastic piece & finally did find a way it kinda fell into place. But the solenoid definitely just dangles in air, unattached except for the 2 heavy red cables connected to it. Is that normal on my boat?

And unfortunately, 3 years worth of mildew grew on the seat under the factory cover. Have pressure washed it, then scrubbed the seat, letting something soak in now, making progress but it'll probably remain stained, oh well. Still, 5 year old boat with 39 hours on it, hope to get some hours in on what remains of the season here in northern Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back