2013 seadoo rxp x 260 coolant leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killnit631

I have a 2013 seadoo RXP X 260 that I purchased used with a riva stage 2 kit on it. I’v put about 25 mins on it the one time I took it out with no problems. then I took it out with a buddy n went into the ocean to jump some waves was onli out for like 45 minutes but I did do a couple of full throttle runs for awhile then the temp light/ overheat light came on I immediately let go of the gas turned it off took my seat off n noticed my coolant bottle was empty....? I let it cool down all I had was four water bottles so I filled the tank n rode back in onli about 2 miles away from where I was stuck at to the loading ramp . I brought it home n looked everywhere no coolant splashed on anything no leaks visible. I hook up hose do the flush n then removed drain plugs n see coolant coming out of them along with what ever water I sprayed in there to clean off salt water. I decided to pull the lil orange/ yellow looking hoses coming off tank going to what I believe is rear ride plate area n blow threw them to see if clogged/ cracked or leaking everything seemed fine other then having to remove rear grab bar n all that just to get my arms underneath to re connect to that little black valve thing to little black hose way back by impeller cause I accidentally pulled it off I figured since it came off so easy I replaced the zip ties that clamp them together n reconnect to the little black hose all the way in the back where it came from. so I take water out tank n replace with coolant connect hose n let it run till operating temp it sat at 174°. It rained other day n I tilted ski up to drain n I see more rain water n coolant coming out problem is I never ran the ski since last drain so where could it have came from? basically where could it be coming from? Did I just not get it all out the first time? Other than all the other forms are worried about it leaking by the rear plate I just Don’t see any where it could be coming from there’s no coolant splashed on my motor there’s nothing? Even if I did run the ski where could it possibly be leaking from that I would not be able to see? Any one that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank u.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Having same issue on 12 RXP x. Checked everything but think it’s one of the ride plate fitting but can’t seem to actually see it come out during hose test.

Pressure test done. Held at 13 psi Did a ride test today with the seat off and noticed coolant tank rising to the point of coolant bubbling right out the vent tube into the bilge to the point of 5-10 min, bottle is empty. Motor was just rebuilt so less than 1 hour on it. Going to do a compression test then leak down test to be sure it’s not the head gasket. If that goes well, what’s left? Thermostat housing?

Sounds like the head gasket is leaking , you should be able to see coolant on the plug or in the cylinder.

Thnks Digdog. Yeah hate to admit it but the guy who just rebuilt it before I took ownership either used existing head bolts or didn’t install correctly. Goin to have to tear her down and put in an oem gasket & amp head bolts.

You will need a repair manual , there is a way to take it apart and definitely need it to put it back together.

Yup. Have one already. Thnks. Leak down test was done correctly with TDC on each cylinder but didn’t see anything coming up from coolant bottle. About 20% leak Just a quick ?, other than head gasket, what else would make the coolant rise and come out of the overflow tube during WOT or any amount of speed after ski is warmed up?

Do the leak down with the piston at the bottom, you could have a cracked cylinder wall, pump it up to a 100 psi or more. Low pressure leak down tests are for checking valves and rings. The only other thing is the thermostat is not opening up or the water pump impeller is not working properly, but you would usually see a temperature warning from the gauges.

All set. Replaced head gasket n ran it for a few days and coolant in bottle is good to go. That head gasket was brand new according to previous owner who rebuilt the motor. Either way I replaced it and also used the ARP bolts. Way better than the oem’s that we’re in there. Now on to next project which is the PTO bearing and while i have the shaft out, I will also replace the carbon ring set up. I should have done this after the head gasket but I was focused on that first. Didn’t realize I now have an oil leak to where the dip stick is bone dry after an hour or so on the water. Ugggh. Boating!!

I have a 2013 seadoo RXP X 260 that I purchased used with a riva stage 2 kit on it. I’v put about 25 mins on it the one time I took it out with no problems. then I took it out with a buddy n went into the ocean to jump some waves was onli out for like 45 minutes but I did do a couple of full throttle runs for awhile then the temp light/ overheat light came on I immediately let go of the gas turned it off took my seat off n noticed my coolant bottle was empty....? I let it cool down all I had was four water bottles so I filled the tank n rode back in onli about 2 miles away from where I was stuck at to the loading ramp . I brought it home n looked everywhere no coolant splashed on anything no leaks visible. I hook up hose do the flush n then removed drain plugs n see coolant coming out of them along with what ever water I sprayed in there to clean off salt water. I decided to pull the lil orange/ yellow looking hoses coming off tank going to what I believe is rear ride plate area n blow threw them to see if clogged/ cracked or leaking everything seemed fine other then having to remove rear grab bar n all that just to get my arms underneath to re connect to that little black valve thing to little black hose way back by impeller cause I accidentally pulled it off I figured since it came off so easy I replaced the zip ties that clamp them together n reconnect to the little black hose all the way in the back where it came from. so I take water out tank n replace with coolant connect hose n let it run till operating temp it sat at 174°. It rained other day n I tilted ski up to drain n I see more rain water n coolant coming out problem is I never ran the ski since last drain so where could it have came from? basically where could it be coming from? Did I just not get it all out the first time? Other than all the other forms are worried about it leaking by the rear plate I just Don’t see any where it could be coming from there’s no coolant splashed on my motor there’s nothing? Even if I did run the ski where could it possibly be leaking from that I would not be able to see? Any one that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank u.
I had the same problem on 2013 rxpx260: did leak check as advised, press test system, no results. Finally removed seat arrangement, poured some blue dye into coolant tank and took ski out and found that under hard throttle the left hand pipe connection on the ride plate was leaking! Yay found it. That was the easy part!! Now for the solution......................
I currently have all mechanical parts stripped out of the ski and will be installing a 20 plate cooler and will be blanking off the ride plate fittings. I am taking the time to rebuild the S/C (120hrs) and strip the motor to check refresh anything. Engine has been soda blasted and will have a fresh coat of paint. Looking forward to getting back on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back