2013 GTX 215 intermittent starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron11389

Hello all! Thank you in advance for any advice given!
I have a 2013 GTX 215 with around 55 hours. I've had it on the water three times. The second time out, was probably out for around four hours and stopped and started the ski around five times in that time frame with no issues. Got back to the boat ramp and shut it off to get the truck, went back and tried to start the ski and got nothing. No beeps, no display, no clicks, to engine turnover, no nothing, whether the key was on the dess or not, no nothing. Got it back to the house and after washing it, attached the key and it started up as normal as could be. Took it out this past Saturday and more or less the same thing happened. (this time it happened in the middle of the lake when my buddy wanted to take a swim). Another great reason to have two skis lol. I towed it all the way back to the dock and still the same situation, no beeps no display no nothing. Got it home and still nothing. tried it the next day and still nothing. This morning before work i gave it a try and the display is back and seems completely normal. I have approx. 12.3 volts at the battery. I used the min/max feature on my fluke multimeter and there is no voltage drop when I hit the start button. (i didnt start the ski completely because it was 7:00am) just engaged the solenoid. I'm a big time noob and would appreciate any advice. Thank you!!

Sounds like a loose ground somewhere. If the gauges don’t come on at all with the dess plugged in, then I would start at that connection, after you make sure that the battery connections are tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back