2012 RXP-X 260 reliability

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzaspurs

Hi guys,

I am looking to but a 2012 RXP-X 260 second Han with 6 months warranty, but does anyone know if these skis have any issues that i need to be aware.
I have only owned 2 Yamaha jetski (2008 GP1300r) and currently 2009 (FZS) and I am bored with the yamaha and like everything about the Seadoo.
If anyone could give me any info in issues / modification tips this would be good.

Darren

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have the RXT-X ski with the 255 engine.

Love the ski. The over all performance is great. If you don't peg the throttle the fuel economy is actually pretty good. I burn 5 gallons over three hours running at wide open and down to around 40 MPH.

One thing to note is the Super Charger (SC). It needs rebuilt every 100 hours. But in your case it is every 200 hours. I think from 2011 up it is every 200.

I STRONGLY recommend a 30 minute minimum test drive and do a compression test. The fact that it is a 2012 it should be near perfect. But as a rule NEVER buy a ski without a test drive and check engine compression.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, yes I will look at this 200 hours does not seem to bad. Would you know how much this would cost for the SC ?

Yes I will do a compression test. And cannot wait to ride the ski.

Darren.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

The RXP-X has a very aggressive hull that is a blast to drive.....with respect. You lock yourself into the sculpted seat properly and that thing will turn like you won't believe but it will also throw you off if you hit a wave wrong or don't pay attention to what you're doing. It is not one that novice may be comfortable on but there is a short learning curve. It's not one to just go out and thrash around right away.

If you're comfortable on a fast aggressive ride, this is for you.

I will agree with the above.

I live my RXT-X. I have a GTX as well. The GTX is like riding a Caddy where the RXT is like driving a BMW.

Both great skis. Just different from each other due to their intended use.

But as a rule NEVER buy a ski without a test drive and check engine compression.

I 100% agree. I bought a 2000 yamaha 1200r few years back and it lasted 25 hours b4 the 3rd cylinder toasted and lost compression. Not to mention I had to rebuild the jet pump In between. Lesson learned. Brand new sea-doo for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back