2012 GTI 130 making weird noises.. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDP76

Please look at the video below and tell me what you think. It sounds terrible when we first start it then it sounds perfect then it is on and off sounding good then bad. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Could it be something with bad gas/ a fuel pump being clogged or maybe something electrical with the coils causing one of the spark plugs to not spark?

I think the muffler clamp is coming loose. I have heard this as an issue on some of the four tecs.
Great Idea. I'll check it out, it feels almost like a crunch/ rumbling sound that is on and off when we are riding. It goes like this..... Sound,, fine for a minute, sound, fine for 10 seconds, sound. It is a bit random... During idle and going around 5-7 mph.

Last edited:
I think the muffler clamp is coming loose. I have heard this as an issue on some of the four tecs.
I just checked the muffler clamp and it is tight. It sounds like a crunch as you can hear in the first and third clip of the video I linked. Thank you for the suggestion tho!

I found the problem, sorta. I replaced the coils and that had it sounding much better than it had. However, when I started up I would get some rumbling and crunching noise (that is WAY less worse than before) randomly, after coming back from going fast I cant seem to hear anything wrong with it besides a little bit of idle rumble (which is not bad, just a little more rough than I am used to). Is it possible that a fuel injector is clogged, if so how would I go about fixing that.

Update: When I am almost at full throttle it starts shaking and making some noises. and when I go back down to regular speeds after that I can feel it hiccup in a way... like little 1 second bursts of a shake... any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back