2012 210 charging system question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffyp06

this past weekend I noticed while driving my batteries stayed at 12 volts (no longer charging while engines running)
I searched some threads on here that said check the fuses and both were blown.
I put new ones in and it seemed perfect on the ride out around 14 volts but on the ride home after hanging out and batteries drained down from the radio it was sitting lower at like 13 volts.

I stupidly only checked one of the fuses but it was not blown. the other could have been I guess but I neglected to check it.

my question is has anyone had this happen before? is it common for these to blow randomly? I have almost 200 hours of use on the boat since I have owned it and its the first issue ive had mechanically.

Check the inline fuse holders themselves. It might be time to replace them as well. Once the plug connectors get a little corrosion on them and/or get loose, it will cause arcing and heat buildup and will blow/melt the fuses. I would also check the connectors for the rectifiers to make sure there is no sign of heating.

I think you might be right on the corrosion on the fuse holders. I'll have to see if I can buy 2 new ones. They do get real hot. Haven't popped the new fuses yet but I noticed they are getting real hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back